Business Writing for Office Professionals
Did you know if you make mistakes in your spelling and grammar, such as using ‘they’re’ instead of ‘their’, people may start to doubt the content of your document as well? When you attend this course, our expert trainer will guide and coach you, so that you become aware of your mistakes and learn how to correct them.
The course covers a wide range of business documents including reports, e-mails, letters, and proposals. You will be given practical techniques and skills that, when implemented, will make a real difference to the documents you write. Ultimately, this course will help you to write more confidently and clearly.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all levels of staff in the organisation who would like to improve the quality of the business documents they write. Also great as a refresher course and for those who would like to clarify the rules of grammar, punctuation and sentence construction. This course is particularly helpful for those who don’t speak English as a first language.
At the course, you will learn:
- The benefits of planning your writing
- Tips to avoid common errors and grammar mistakes that impact on your professional image
- The tricks to building effective sentences and paragraphs through the use of punctuation
- How to produce documents which are clear, effective and professional
- Why writing for a specific readership and for different circumstances is important
- How to analyse and edit your own documents
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: From R 1 500 (ex VAT) per delegate [20 delegates – price adjusted to suit number of delegates]
- Preparation and planning
- Grammar and sentence construction
- Punctuation made easy
- Standards in business writing today
- A brief introduction to report writing
- Editing – the final stage
- Avoiding re-writing and wasting time
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one- to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
Please complete the form below for a comprehensive quote on this course: