Competency Based Interviewing Skills
The changing SA environment, specifically within the context of the new legislation in the form of the Labour Relations and Employment Equity Acts, has necessitated a move towards a competency approach to managing people and work. This context directly affects recruitment and selection including the interviewing and assessment processes. The Competency Based Interview and Assessment Workshop has been developed to address these needs.
Who should attend?
All delegates involved in the recruitment and selection process as well as HR managers
At the course, you will learn:
- The recruitment and selection process within the SA context.
- The legal environment within which recruitment and selection takes place.
- The recruitment and selection process within the specific Organisational context.
- The Competency- Based Interview as a foundation of selection
- An ability to probe a candidate to gain a thorough insight as to the candidates actual as opposed to stated level of competence.
- The ability to conduct interviews through the attainment of competency based interviewing techniques.
- An ability to identify additional competency based assessments, which can be included in the interview to enhance the evidence of competence.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: From R 1 500 (ex VAT) per delegate [20 delegates – price adjusted to suit number of delegates]
- The search and selection strategy
- The assessment and selection process
- Assessments utilised within the selection process
- Ethical considerations of recruitment and selection
- Communicating the selection decision
- The Competency Based Interview Technique – the theory
- The Competency Based Interviewing Process – the practice
- Practical role play including preparation for and conducting competency based interviews
- Compiling a basic competency assessment including the associated qualities of such an assessment
- Evaluating effective performance
- Situational exercises
- Designing the scoring mechanism
- Behaviourally Anchored Rating Scales
- Validating the assessment
- Administering the assessment
- Discussion and evaluation of the value of a competency menu
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
Please complete the form below for a comprehensive quote on this course: