Finance for Non-Financial Management
Central to any business, is its ability to grow, and business growth is assessed through financial performance. It is therefore imperative that all managers, even those in support functions, understand the basics of Finance. Business discussions are normally centred on business growth parameters and a lack of understanding of these basics can make managers fail, or appear not to know what they are doing. They will also fail to add value during critical business discussions.
Similarly, Business owners, no matter how small their business may be or how skilled the Finance person hired for the job is, need to have a good appreciation of finance.
This programme is designed to give non-financial people the critical finance knowledge that will help them to succeed in their non-finance roles or in their businesses. It will equip participants with analytical skills required for the integration of investment, operating and financing decisions within an organization.
Who should attend?
Executives, Managers and Supervisors with a low or with no financial background. The programme is offered at different levels depending on the target audience.
At the course, you will learn:
- understand the basics of finance
- be able to interpret financial statements
- interpret the key financial performance indicators using ratio analysis
- link financials to other key non-financial performance indicators
- analyse cost drivers and manage costs effectively
- understand and explain business trends
- interpret economic and other external events and their impact of business performance
- interpret and use of graphs and other analysis tools effectively
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: From R 1 500 (ex VAT) per delegate [20 delegates – price adjusted to suit number of delegates]
- Understanding the Finance Language
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Making Financial Decisions
- Credit Decisions
- Creating Value
- Evaluating Investments
- Financial Planning
- Financial Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Government and Ethics
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
Please complete the form below for a comprehensive quote on this course: