It is said that IQ gets you through school but EQ gets you through life. Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify, understand and control one’s thoughts and feelings, communicate them clearly to others and interact with empathy towards other’s emotions. This practical workshop teaches the basics of emotional intelligence, how to use emotions to make better decisions, solve problems and cope with change. It will give you guidelines on how to apply the theory so as to improve motivation, behaviour, attitude and performance.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff who would like to develop their professionalism and excel at their role by improving their EQ.
At the course, you will learn:
- Analyse your emotional strengths & weaknesses
- Understand the purpose and range of emotions
- Learn how to use EQ for improved decision making and problem solving
- Analyse the relationship between EQ and self-awareness
- Develop strategies for better self-control, self-regulation and personal balance
- Learn how to manage your emotional impulses to better handle stress
- Understand how to use empathy and emotional connection for better results
- Become more socially aware and learn tips to communicate with confidence
- Apply techniques for responding to situations in an emotionally intelligent manner
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: R 4 300.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
- Principles of Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Awareness in practice
- Techniques for self management and emotional control
- Social awareness – communicating with confidence
- Building relationships
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
- Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments
- Secure Parking and Disabled facilities