Minute Taking Made Simple - Virtual / Online
The virtual course focuses on meeting preparation, meeting procedure and practical skills that will aid you when writing minutes. Delegates will have the
opportunity to practise their new skills in listening, note taking, summarising and selecting the most important below points when writing and compiling minutes. They will also learn how to use meeting preparation and agenda’s to aid them when taking minutes. Delegates will be given individual feedback on their minutes and we encourage them to send us a sample of their minutes to review
before the training, so that training is customised to address individual problem areas. Delegates leave the training able to produce a clear, concise set of minutes.
Who should attend?
Essential for anyone who is, or will be, responsible for taking minutes in meetings.
At the course, you will learn:
- The objectives of meetings, the various types of meetings and the roles of the people who attend them
- Tips to help you summarise and take down the most important points
- The responsibilities of the minute taker
- To layout information in a style suited to your organisation
- Tried and tested note-taking techniques.
- To ultimately produce a clear, concise set of minutes.
Course Duration: 3 x 2 hour sessions (1 week apart)
Course Times: 09:30 – 11:30 for each session
Course Cost: R 1 750.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
- Effective meeting preparation and note taking skills
- Understanding the role of the minute taker
- Principles of good minute taking
What is included?
- Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
- A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
- A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
- Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
- Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course