Minute Taking Made Simple
The workshop focuses on meeting preparation, meeting procedure and practical exercises that will aid you when writing minutes.
Classroom exercises will enable delegates to practice their new skills in listening, note taking, summarising and selecting the most important points when writing and compiling minutes. These exercises are designed to be practical and offer an ideal opportunity for individual coaching. We encourage you to bring a sample of minutes you have produced, to review and refer to at the training.
Who should attend?
Everyone who attends meetings, takes or reads minutes.
What will I learn?
On Completion of this training delegates will:
- Be able to identify the objectives of meetings, the various types of meetings and the roles of the people who attend them
- Know their responsibilities at a formal vs. an informal meeting
- Know who should do what before, during and after a meeting
- Know how a basic meeting should run, and how it achieves its objectives
- Be able to explain and write a Notice of a Meeting as well as a Meeting Agenda
- Describe various types of minutes and give guidelines for effective minute taking
- Fully accredited and aligned to Unit Standard US 13934 NQF Level 3 Credits: 4
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Times: 08:30 – 16:30 daily
Course Cost: R 4 350.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
- Effective meeting preparation
- The objectives of meetings
- The role of the minute taker
- Listening skills
- Note taking skills
- Principles of minute taking
- After the meeting